Dedicated Attorney Assists Clients with Separation in New Jersey
Experienced family lawyer represents spouses seeking to separate
In certain situations, a couple may wish to live apart but not want to terminate their marriage. In New Jersey, this can be achieved through a Separation. If you and your spouse have a broken relationship but aren't ready or willing to divorce, the Law Office of Edward R. Wiercinski offers skilled representation to protect your rights and those of your children in an written marital settlement agreement. I assist clients throughout New Jersey seeking an alternative to divorce.
New Jersey counselor advises on separation versus divorce
While separation and divorce are similar in some ways, however the marriage is not ended in a separation. For some couples, this is the best option for their situation. Reasons to choose a separation over a dissolution of marriage may include:
- Personal or religious beliefs
- Financial concerns
- Medical benefits
- Chance for reconciliation
Choosing between a separation and a divorce can be a difficult decision, but I offer knowledgeable advice and advocacy to my clients so they can make the right choices for their individual circumstances.
Skilled family advocate guides clients through a separation
To ensure that your rights, assets and children are protected when you separate, I draft sound agreements that may cover a range of relevant issues:
- Asset and property division — Dividing the marital property can be an emotional and complicated process. A knowledgeable attorney can make this process easier.
- Payment of marital debts — Many couples owe money on their home, their cars or credit cards. I help apportion these debts as well as medical debts and other loans.
- Spousal support — A breakup shouldn't unfairly disadvantage spouses who decide to separate. Depending on the financial circumstances of each spouse, support may be appropriate.
- Child Custody — Determining where children should live, who should make decisions about their lives and when relatives can visit them is often an emotionally fraught process. I work to reduce the conflict surrounding these issues and come to an agreement that is best for the children.
- Child Support — Both parents are expected to contribute to the costs of raising their children. This often means that the higher-earning (and often noncustodial) parent must make payments to the other to care for children. Whether you and your child's other parent can reach an agreement on support or the court makes that determination, I will help you to secure payments that are fair and beneficial to children.
As an experienced family lawyer, I understand the difficulties of ending a relationship, especially when children are involved. If you are choosing to separate rather than divorce, I will guide you through the process while providing the advice and advocacy you deserve.
Contact a determined New Jersey family lawyer for advice on legal separation
At the Law Office of Edward R. Wiercinski, I am experienced in all Family Law matters including Separation. Your family matter will be personally handled by Ed Wiercinski and not handed off to an Associate Attorney. Call me at #856-489-0580 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation with a caring family law attorney who will help in achieving a favorable outcome if you are separating from your spouse My office is conveniently located in Cherry Hill.