Bankruptcy lawyer

Modification Orders

New Jersey Attorney Works to Modify Orders and Agreements

Skilled family lawyer assists clients in New Jersey seeking changes in child support, custody, relocation of one parent to another State, and alimony

Every family's situation changes over time, and those changes may make it necessary to take legal action to ensure that existing court orders evolve to meet new family requirements. What was suitable to the parties at the time of the divorce or separation may no longer work as jobs change, children age and parents remarry. At the Law Office of Edward R. Wiercinski, I help families throughout New Jersey obtain appropriate modifications to child support, child custody, visitation, time-sharing and alimony orders. Modifications of these orders often require proof that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. I have the skill and determination to present that evidence to the court. I also address relocation issues when parents move into or out of New Jersey.

Responsive counselor advocates for modifications when circumstances warrant them

In family law cases, an existing court order can only be modified when there is a significant change in a parent's or child's situation. These changes may include a greater financial need or increase in income due to a job change or loss, a medical emergency involving the child, and a change in your child’s environment or time-sharing situation. This change might also be based on one parent moving from New Jersey. I advocate for your rights in court to help you get the child support and child custody modifications you and your children need and guide you through the often difficult procedures to get results. I also help families with registering of foreign or out-of-state judgments, assisting them in obtaining court orders that ask New Jersey to treat an order from another state as its own. Registering Orders like child support and visitation can be especially useful when families with children move into or out of the state.

Family lawyer provides clients with individualized legal assistance

When you bring your modification case to my firm, I review your goals with you. Then I examine the existing agreements between you and your ex-spouse or child's parent. Together we set realistic, achievable objectives to bring before the judge. Whether you are seeking an adjustment in your spousal or child support, are looking to adjust your visitation schedule, or are attempting to become the primary custodian of your children, I can help. I also represent clients seeking to retain existing orders when requested modifications are not in their best interests or those of their children. Representation in custody orders when one parent relocates to another State and how this effects the parties child custody, parting time, and child support.

Contact an experienced New Jersey family law attorney for help with a modification of Family Orders

At the Law Office of Edward R. Wiercinski, I am experienced in all Family Law matters, I understand that your family's needs change over time, and I am committed to helping you achieve a modification of a current Order that addresses your changed circumstances. Your family matter will be personally handled by Ed Wiercinski and not handed off to an Associate Attorney. Call me at #856-489-0580 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation with a caring family law attorney who will help in achieving a favorable outcome if you are in the need of modifying a current Order. My office is conveniently located in Cherry Hill.